Winter 2014 Playoffs/Winners
- Women's B Floor Burn
- Women's A Sneaker Boss
- Women's BB1 Vital Force
- Women's BB2 #cantstop #wontstop
- Women's B TUES Dig This
- Women's AA Harvest Honeys
- Women's A TUES Sneaker Wave
- Coed A Court Jesters
- Coed B Spiked Punch
- Coed C Block Party
- Coed A Thurs 4/10 8 & 9 pm PCC
- Coed B Thurs Team Pancake
- Coed C Thurs Spikerz
Spring Schedules are up for the 1st half.
You can now register for the Spring season. There are still a few open spots if you are interested contact us today.
Rule Change: Under the Net
Here's a new rule change for under the net play that we are adopting:
USAV 11.2.2: “Encroachment into the opponent’s court with any part(s) of the body is permitted, provided some part of the body remains either in contact with or directly above the center line, and there is no interference with opponents. In addition, completely crossing the center line with the foot, feet or hands, or encroachment with other body parts must not present a safety hazard to opponents"
Managers: Please have every player on your team fill out and sign a waiver. For individual players, waivers are valid for the year Fall 2013 to Summer 2014. If a new player joins your team, please have the player fill out and return a waiver. New waivers will be required for all players for the Fall 2014 season.
- The waiver can also be downloaded submit your waiver.
- You can return signed waivers either by mail to Portland Volleyball Association PO Box 25503 Portland, OR 97298-0503
- OR by scanning and emailing to
- If you have not yet filled out a waiver, please return the signed waivers prior to your next match.
Thank you to all the teams that have submitted rosters. Please submit your roster if you have not yet done so.Rosters are required to be submitted each season.
Winter 2014 Prize
The board has decided winners for the Winter season will receive a Tachikara SV-5W Gold team volleyball.
We have created a page for Managers and Free Agents to hook up, if you haven't joined you can do so today! Here's the info https://www.facebook.com/groups/portlandvolleyballassociation
Looking for an Adult Tournament?
Here are our remaining CEVA adult tournament dates. All held at Courts in Beaverton. Sunday, February 2 Super Bowl Sunday Tournament Saturday, March 8 Lucky Shamrock Tournament Saturday, April 5 Spring in my Step Tournament Saturday, April 19 CEVA Adult Regionals Teams can register at http://www.thecourtsinbeaverton.com/EventsandTourneys.html
Fall 2013 Playoff Winners
Congratulations Fall Winners!!!
- Women's BYou've Been Served
- Women's A We Could Carry Less
- Women's BB Balls Out
- Women's B TUES SERVE-IVORS
- Women's AA Mavens
- Women's A TUES Angry Birds
- Coed A The Panthers
- Coed B The Tip
- Coed C Vertically Challenged
- Coed A Thurs Whatever
- Coed B Thurs Spider Monkeys
- Coed C Thurs Volley Llama
In order to reduce forfeits, when necessary, teams will be allowed to play with a minimum of 4 players. This will include playoffs. Players will still have to rotate in position and therefore serve in the correct rotation. Server will be the back row player with the other 3 being front row players. For coed teams, the following scenarios are acceptable:
- 2 men + 2 women
- 1 man + 3 women
Fall 2013 Managers Meeting Notes
Thank you managers for a very successful fall managers meeting! We were very happy with discussions that resulted from the Fall 2013 managers meeting. Here is a review of what was discussed at the Fall 2013 meeting:
- Subs- After much discussion the managers voted on a sub rule that PVA will follow for the regular season. Subbing will be allowed only one level down (AA to A, for example) but a player could sub up to any level.
- Refs- PVA’s referees always try to get to a match on time, but sometimes they get stuck in traffic. If a referee does not show up we ask that you please start the game on time and then report the scores to Michelle. You can also email Michelle for a credit for the missing referee.
- Rosters- Rosters are required for all teams.
- Waiveres- Please see above for additional information.
Please make sure you only park in lot 12 for free at PCC. If there are no spots open in lot 12 players will have to pay the $5 fee or risk getting a ticket. PVA will not be responsible for tickets issued if anyone parks in other lots besides 12. Tickets have been issued so don't risk it, they are $20. Please make sure you leave the parking lot no later then 10:15 pm.
Post Office Box Change
Please note, if you are mailing in a check please mail it to: Portland Volleyball Association PO Box 25503 Portland OR 97298-0503