Player Eligibility Decision
Dear Managers and Referees,
This email follows up on the February 13, 2015 email regarding player eligibility and whether an 18 year old player in high school may participate in PVA leagues. At the February 25, 2015 meeting of the PVA Board, the members of the board discussed and voted on this issue. Following a lengthy and wide-ranging discussion, we ultimately voted to make PVA more inclusive and include high school players who are at least 18 years of age.
The historic rule text provided the following eligibility criteria:
Players must be eighteen (18) years of age and not enrolled in high school. Anyone who has graduated at the age of 17 will be allowed to participate.
The rule has been updated to reflect the PVA Board vote as follows:
Players must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
The PVA website has been updated to reflect this change.
Thank you to those of you who brought this issue to our attention and to those of you who provided comments.
2nd Half Schedules
All 2nd half schedules have been posted. Playoff schedules have also been listed on the homepage.
Winter 2015 Playoffs
Winter 2015 Playoff Dates
- Women's A1 3/16 7 & 8 pm Charles Jordan CC
- Women's A2 TBA
- Women's BB 1 3/16 Milwaukie HS Main Gym 6:30 & 7:30 pm
- Women's BB 2 3/16 Milwaukie HS Aux Gym 8:30 & 9:30 pm
- Women's AA 3/17 8 & 9 pm PCC Sylvania
- Women's A Tuesdays 3/10 7 & 8 pm MHS Aux
- Women's A Wednesday 3/18 Location TBA
- Coed A 3/18 7 & 8 pm EPCC
- Coed B 3/18 8:30 & 9:30 pm MHS Aux
- Coed C 3/18 6:30 & 7:30 pm MHS Aux
- Coed A Thursday 3/5 8 & 9 pm PCC Sylvania
- Coed B Thursday 3/5 8 & 9 pm PCC Sylvania
Winter 2015 Registration Open
You can now register for the Winter Indoor Season.
- You can view the flyer HERE
- Register here REGISTER
- League play will start the week of January 12th.
- Mondays- FULL, Tuesdays- Women's AA, A, Men's, Wednesdays- Coed A, B- FULL & C, Women's A, Thursdays- Double Header Coed League FULL
- Cost is $425 for 9 games.
Managers: Please have every player on your team fill out and sign a waiver. For individual players, waivers are valid for the year Fall 2014 to Summer 2015. If a new player joins your team, please have the player fill out and return a waiver. New waivers will be required for all players for the Fall 2014 season.
- The waiver can also be downloaded submit your waiver.
- You can return signed waivers either by mail to Portland Volleyball Association PO Box 25503 Portland, OR 97298-0503
- OR by scanning and emailing to
- If you have not yet filled out a waiver, please return the signed waivers prior to your next match.
Dear Managers, Starting May 5, 2014 players will need to purchase a parking pass to park in *any* PCC parking lot. Passes can be purchased at the kiosk located in lot 11. The cost is $2 per pass and the pass is good for two hours ($3 for 3 hours). If you do not have a pass on your dashboard, you may be assessed a $20 ticket. PVA is not responsible for any tickets issued. PVA was not made aware of this change until after spring season had been scheduled and was unable to find an alternate gym in that time. Negotiations with the PCC parking department have led to no success. We are currently looking into other gym options for the fall season. We encourage you to carpool whenever possible to save on the parking fee and apologize for this unforeseen cost. Thanks, PVA Board
Thank you to all the teams that have submitted rosters. Please submit your roster if you have not yet done so.Rosters are required to be submitted each season.
We have created a page for Managers and Free Agents to hook up, if you haven't joined you can do so today! Here's the info https://www.facebook.com/groups/portlandvolleyballassociation
Fall 2013 Managers Meeting Notes
Thank you managers for a very successful fall managers meeting! We were very happy with discussions that resulted from the Fall 2013 managers meeting. Here is a review of what was discussed at the Fall 2013 meeting:
- Subs- After much discussion the managers voted on a sub rule that PVA will follow for the regular season. Subbing will be allowed only one level down (AA to A, for example) but a player could sub up to any level.
- Refs- PVA’s referees always try to get to a match on time, but sometimes they get stuck in traffic. If a referee does not show up we ask that you please start the game on time and then report the scores to Michelle. You can also email Michelle for a credit for the missing referee.
- Rosters- Rosters are required for all teams.
- Waiveres- Please see above for additional information.