PCC Parking Update
Dear Managers, Starting May 5, 2014 players will need to purchase a parking pass to park in *any* PCC parking lot. Passes can be purchased at the kiosk located in lot 11. The cost is $2 per pass and the pass is good for two hours ($3 for 3 hours). If you do not have a pass on your dashboard, you may be assessed a $20 ticket. PVA is not responsible for any tickets issued. PCC has a couple of drive-through payment stations on the way down from the top entrance. If you go in the top and turn right, heading down to the gym, the payment stations are on your right and you can pay from your car before you park. I always strongly recommend people doing that, as it allows you to get your pass before parking and you don't have to park and then walk to a payment station, hoping the ticket giver doesn't give you a ticket in the meantime. Thanks, PVA Board
Spring Indoor Schedules
Schedules are going up please keep checking back for the first half schedules.
Winter 2015 Playoffs
Winter 2015 Playoff Dates
- Women's A1 Notorious DIG
- Women's A2 Volley Patron
- Women's BB 1 Baby Got Backset
- Women's BB 2 Crazy Eights
- Women's AA Mavens
- Women's A Tuesdays Sneaker Wave
- Women's A Wednesday 4/1 MHS Aux 6:30 & 7:30 pm
- Coed A Alpine Spikers
- Coed B Yes Yes
- Coed C Vertically Challenged
- Coed A Thursday Jello Shots
- Coed B Thursday Orville Ready Blockers
Spring 2015 Registration Open
You can now register for the Spring Indoor Season.
- You can view the flyer HERE
- Register here REGISTER
- League play will start the week of April 6th.
- Mondays- A, B, BB & C - FULL
- Tuesdays- Women's AA, A, Men's
- Wednesdays- Coed A, B & C, Women's A
- Thursdays- Double Header Coed League A & B- Both Leagues are now FULL
- Cost is $450 for 10 games.
- Cost is $500 for Thursdays Doubleheaders. This league is now FULL
Player Eligibility Decision
Dear Managers and Referees,
This email follows up on the February 13, 2015 email regarding player eligibility and whether an 18 year old player in high school may participate in PVA leagues. At the February 25, 2015 meeting of the PVA Board, the members of the board discussed and voted on this issue. Following a lengthy and wide-ranging discussion, we ultimately voted to make PVA more inclusive and include high school players who are at least 18 years of age.
The historic rule text provided the following eligibility criteria:
Players must be eighteen (18) years of age and not enrolled in high school. Anyone who has graduated at the age of 17 will be allowed to participate.
The rule has been updated to reflect the PVA Board vote as follows:
Players must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
The PVA website has been updated to reflect this change.
Thank you to those of you who brought this issue to our attention and to those of you who provided comments.
2nd Half Schedules
All 2nd half schedules have been posted. Playoff schedules have also been listed on the homepage.
Managers: Please have every player on your team fill out and sign a waiver. For individual players, waivers are valid for the year Fall 2014 to Summer 2015. If a new player joins your team, please have the player fill out and return a waiver. New waivers will be required for all players for the Fall 2014 season.
- The waiver can also be downloaded submit your waiver.
- You can return signed waivers either by mail to Portland Volleyball Association PO Box 25503 Portland, OR 97298-0503
- OR by scanning and emailing to
- If you have not yet filled out a waiver, please return the signed waivers prior to your next match.
Thank you to all the teams that have submitted rosters. Please submit your roster if you have not yet done so.Rosters are required to be submitted each season.
We have created a page for Managers and Free Agents to hook up, if you haven't joined you can do so today! Here's the info https://www.facebook.com/groups/portlandvolleyballassociation
Fall 2013 Managers Meeting Notes
Thank you managers for a very successful fall managers meeting! We were very happy with discussions that resulted from the Fall 2013 managers meeting. Here is a review of what was discussed at the Fall 2013 meeting:
- Subs- After much discussion the managers voted on a sub rule that PVA will follow for the regular season. Subbing will be allowed only one level down (AA to A, for example) but a player could sub up to any level.
- Refs- PVA’s referees always try to get to a match on time, but sometimes they get stuck in traffic. If a referee does not show up we ask that you please start the game on time and then report the scores to Michelle. You can also email Michelle for a credit for the missing referee.
- Rosters- Rosters are required for all teams.
- Waiveres- Please see above for additional information.