Fall 2013 Playoff Winners
Congratulations Fall Winners!!!
- Women's BYou've Been Served
- Women's A We Could Carry Less
- Women's BB Balls Out
- Women's B TUES SERVE-IVORS
- Women's AA Mavens
- Women's A TUES Angry Birds
- Coed A The Panthers
- Coed B The Tip
- Coed C Vertically Challenged
- Coed A Thurs Whatever
- Coed B Thurs Spider Monkeys
- Coed C Thurs Volley Llama
In order to reduce forfeits, when necessary, teams will be allowed to play with a minimum of 4 players. This will include playoffs. Players will still have to rotate in position and therefore serve in the correct rotation. Server will be the back row player with the other 3 being front row players. For coed teams, the following scenarios are acceptable:
- 2 men + 2 women
- 1 man + 3 women
Winter 2014 Registration
Winter registration is now OPEN!
- View the Winter 2013 flyer here.
- Register here REGISTER
- League play will start the week of January 13th, 2014
- Cost will be $450 for 10 matches
Winter Unaffiliated Player Open Gym
Are you looking for a winter team? Then the place to be is the Winter Unaffiliated Open Gym.
- Who: Anyone looking for a team for the 2014 Winter season
- Where: East Portland Community Center
- When: 12/11 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Cost: Free
Tournament December 7th, 2013
- What: Coed 6's Tournament
- Where: Milwaukie High School
- When: 12/7 Gym opens at 8:30 AM First Games at 9:00 AM
- Cost: $85 per team
- Format: Pool Play in the AM, Double Elimination in the afternoon
Managers: Please have your players fill out and sign a waiver.
- The waiver can also be downloaded submit your waiver.
- You can return signed waivers either by mail to Portland Volleyball Association PO Box 25503 Portland, OR 97298-0503
- OR by scanning and emailing to
- Please return the signed waivers by October 15, 2013
Managers Meeting Notes
Thank you managers for a very successful fall managers meeting! We were very happy with discussions that resulted from your turnout last night. Here is a review of what was discussed last night:
- Subs - After much discussion the managers voted on a sub rule that PVA will follow for the regular season. Subbing will be allowed only one level down (AA to A, for example) but a player could sub up to any level. We will follow up after our Sept. 18th board meeting with an explanation about the use of subs during playoffs.
- Thank you to all the teams that have submitted rosters. There are only a few teams that have not yet submitted rosters for the Fall season – please submit your roster if you have not yet done so.
- PVA’s referees always try to get to a match on time, but sometimes they get stuck in traffic. If a referee does not show up we ask that you please start the game on time and then report the scores to Michelle. You can also email Michelle for a credit for the missing referee.
- Insurance waivers are still being worked out, hopefully by Sept. 18
- Additional items: We have added items brought up at the managers meeting for discussion at our next board meeting on Sept 18th, and will share any updates with you via email and the website.
Please make sure you only park in lot 12 for free at PCC. If there are no spots open in lot 12 players will have to pay the $5 fee or risk getting a ticket. PVA will not be responsible for tickets issued if anyone parks in other lots besides 12. Tickets have been issued so don't risk it, they are $20.
Post Office Box Change
Please note, if you are mailing in a check please mail it to: Portland Volleyball Association PO Box 25503 Portland OR 97298-0503